Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Yesterday was so much better than we ever imagined

Jake and I had discussed so many times the different ways Emma could react when we got her. She could cry for days, she could shut down and show no emotion or sleep to avoid the whole situation. But instead we got a happy, smiley, laughing girl.



This is what we know so far about Emma...


*she loves chocoloate chips cookies
*she does not like to share said cookies with other children and will let them know

*she likes to sing and sings whenever we walk

*she is very observant and likes to watch other children



Today I think the excitement from yesterday has taken its toll. She woke up with a slight fever and has been exhausted the whole day.


Tomorrow we are planning a trip to a temple just outside of town.


Here is what you have been waiting for, pictures...





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the huge smiles!
She is beautiful, I can't wait to hear more.

Ronnie

Unknown said...

A beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't dream of Bigger Smiles on Any One of YOU!! I am excited to meet Emma! Debby

charlie said...

What a beautiful and happy family - I'm sure it was love at first sight for all of you - can't wait to get together when you get home - Love Aunt Charlie

kimi said...

I'm bawling! come home NOW!!! I've been praying for you guys for so long and now I get to change what I've been praying for you! How amazing.

sent the gifts off today from the office, not my best wrapping job but they're cute and the presents are SO cute! can't wait to see her!

now stop having fun in China and get home.